Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's Cooking?

If you are like me, you are always looking for some recipe inspiration for dinner. I love my slow cooker and am constantly looking for good recipes to try. I think that any "good" mom should be able to cook a yummy pot roast. I had actually never attempted to cook one until a few weeks ago...I found this recipe on another blog and decided to give it a try. The only ingredients are: chuck roast, a packet each of ranch seasoning and gravy mix ( I happened to use the simply organic brand because it is MSG-free), pepperocini peppers ( I use 4-6, plus some of the juice, but you can add as many as you want to increase the spice), and one stick of butter ( I actually cut this to half a stick to reduce some of the fat and cals...). Pop all of this in to your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. It is SO good!! I am telling you it is a weird combo of ingredients, but it is so yummy!! Enjoy!


The ingredients


Vivi gobbling it up, the true test of a good recipe, haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment