Monday, January 2, 2012

Fun with Payton!

Violets cousin Payton spent the night a few days before Christmas. Vi had SO much fun, and she was sad when "pay-pay" went home. Vi and Payton share a special bond, and I love seeing them together! We baked a birthday cake for baby Jesus, and then sang happy birthday to him before we ate the cake! I was excited to start this tradition with Vi this year. We have been talking a lot about why we have Christmas, and reading lots about baby Jesus. My favorite account of the Christmas story is from Luke ch 2. I was lucky enough to go to Christian grade school, where we memorized Luke ch 2 every year. I def plan to teach it to Vivi every year, and I love that she is starting to understand more about Jesus. It is definitely amazing seeing things through the eyes of your little one, especially when the sing "Away in a Manger" at the top of their lungs while swinging at a public park! My greatest wish for my little is that Jesus will always be in her heart and she will never be embarrassed or scared to shout his praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment