Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Christmas

Warning: I think this post has the most pics...ever. So feel free to scroll down to see our cutie pie. December definitely went by in a blur! I can't believe it is already January. Violet's first Christmas was a blast. I had to work this year Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I was definitely sad to be away from Ev and V, but the good news is that I will have the next 2 years of Christmas off. It will be so fun next year when Violet is getting in to everything. Evan and Violet spent Christmas Day with his family. V raked it in! She got SO many cute outfits for Christmas, including her first pair of jeans, complete with glitter! I will post some pics of my stylish baby soon.
Amy, Ray and Anthony (my sissy, bro-in-law, and nephew) were in town and we were SO excited to see them, it has been since about June I think when we saw them last. I could not wait for them to meet Violet. Anthony was so cute and great with Violet, he was just kissing her and talking to her non stop. I hate the miles between all of us. Evan keeps joking that when we win the lottery (we will have to actually play to win, right?), we will just hire Ray as our personal financial planner and buy a big house for them in our neighborhood...Hey, we can dream right? Violet got to be with all of her grandparents, and almost all of her immediate family this Christmas. We missed you Auntie Mer, Aunie Sandi, and Auntie Sheila!
Christmas this year definitely took on a whole new meaning for me as a parent. I love the Christmas Story in Luke ch 2. I was at the same school for grades K-8, and every year as part of our Christmas program, we would recite this chapter, different grades would do different verses. Amazing how I still have it memorized after all these years. I told it to Violet more than a few times, and I know that as she gets older this will be a tradition I want to keep going...I just kept thinking, all season long about how it must have been to be Mary, to give birth to a baby who was the Savior, I don't know how she ever got over the awe of that. I kept thinking about God, how he knew that Jesus was being born in to a world where people would hate him, and put him to death. I hate to think about Violet being sad or hurt because I love her SO much. I can't even fathom the kind of love God has for us, that he would watch Jesus go through all of this, all I can say is WOW!!
I hope 2010 brings all of our loved ones nothing but great things! Violet has her four month check up next week, so check back for all the stats on Miss V! Thank you for all of your love and making 2009 such a great year for us!! xoxo...







Sissies on Christmas, missing Mer and Sandi.

With Gracie, the 6 daughter...haha.

Auntie Ashie

Sisters and babies.

Violet got lots of Grandma and Grandpa love!













Auntie Amy holding Violet for the first time!





No comments:

Post a Comment