Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First boo-boo

Vivi had her first trip to the ER two weeks ago. The joys of raising a toddler include lots of trips and falls. Unfortunately, this fall involved the windowsill. Our sweet baby was walking to look out her favorite window, tripped and fell right in to it. I heard the screaming from the other room, and knew instantly that something bad happened. As soon I saw her, I knew she would need string bandaids, aka stitches. I am so fortunate to work in the ER, because I called the charge nurse and they had a room ready as soon as we got there, no yucky waiting room for us. Violet was having a blast until she had to be wrapped up and held down. She was breaking my heart. One of her eyes was covered by the sterile drape, and all I could see was her little right eye and her quivering lip. It was a rough day. As soon as we were done, she gobbled up a popsicle. We had chick fil a for lunch, ice cream for dessert, and it was as if nothing ever happened. She played and played and took a long nap. Guess it's true when people say it's harder on the parents than the kiddos. I am happy to say that Vi's stitches are out, and as soon as the steri-strip falls out, we will be sunscreening the heck out of her face for the next year. I need to preserve her future baby gap modeling career, ok? I knew that this day would come, but I have to say I hope it is our first and last experience with string bandaids!!


No comments:

Post a Comment