Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mommy's prayer

Just warning you, you might need some kleenex before you read this post b/c I was crying while I was typing.



You're a little piece of heaven, you're a golden ray of light

And I wish I could protect you, from the worries of this life

But if there's one thing I could tell you, it's no matter what you do

Hold to Jesus, he's holding on to you.

The world will try to tell you, that might is more than right

That beauty's on the outside, and being good's a losing fight

But remember what I've told you, because the world will make you choose

Hold to Jesus-he's holding on to you

Hold on to Jesus, cling to his love

Rest deep in his mercy, whenever things get rough

Don't lose sight of His goodness, and don't ever lose this truth

That when you hold on to Jesus, he's holding on to you

Hear me dear Jesus, rock this little one to sleep

Keep her close when she's scared, and give her strength when she's weak

I know she'll stumble, but I know she'll make it through

If you hold to her just like you said you'd do

Hold her Jesus

And she'll hold on tight to you...

2 comments: