Monday, September 14, 2009

Music Monday and Nursery

When I was pregnant with Vi, our sweet friend Melissa gave us an amazing CD with songs mostly about baby girls...She said she had a feeling our baby was going to be a girl, must be her mommy intuition. Well, I think she gave us the CD when I was about 3 months preggo. I can't tell you how many thousands of times I listened to the CD. Turns out my girl still loves to hear it. One song, in particular I listened to about everyday at least once is the "Capri" by Colbie Caillat. When I sing Vi the song now, she instantly calms and becomes very quiet. Maybe it is just my crazy mommy hormones, but I really think she remembers hearing the song and it comforts her.On that note about hormones, Ev just came to the computer and here I am crying uploading this video...haha.






V's nursery is done!! My amazing husband and mom get the credit, I was on bedrest and couldn't help, believe me it was torture, I really think it turned out so beautiful. Thank you SO much mom for painting and for the beautiful curtains. Thank you Ev for putting up my dream chandelier, painting dragonflies, putting all the furniture together, building the boxes for curtains, making about 1,000 trips to Lowes, did I mention my husband is amazing? Our baby is amazing too! We had a follow up appt at the pediatrician today and Vi weighs 6 lbs 13 oz now! She has been eating a ton lately and now I know where she is putting it all. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Nursery looks beautiful! Can't wait to meet Miss Violet this week! And yes, crazy hormones really kick in now but mommy knows best so I'm sure you are right about that wonderful song!

    ReplyDelete