Friday, September 4, 2009

Overdue Update

Well, Miss V is doing better, but let me update you on what has been going on. The birthing was very hard on Violet and she got some bruising on her head. When she was born her blood sugar was low so they took her to the NICU and gave her an IV with sugar to raise it, over the last 2 days they have been reducing the amount and now she doesn't need it anymore. They had to give her a feeding tube to make sure her blood sugar stayed up because she wasn't taking her 25mL of Formula. I am proud to say she has been taking 30 mL without the tube for mom and I, and last night she did 30, 20 and 3o. If she contines to eat well on her own the tube goes away, we ask for your prayers for Violet that she would continue to eat well and improve. The doctor says when she takes 45-60mL of formula she should be able to go home.

Mom is doing well too, she is having some pain, normal considering what they did to her. She is so amazing and such a great mom, I love her so much... I am so lucky to have her.

I have a little video of Violet and mommy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment