Monday, September 6, 2010

One year

Wow, has it really been a whole year since our sweet baby girl came in to our lives? This has been without a doubt, one of the hardest, but best, years of my life. When I think about how much Violet has grown, all she has learned, and all that is yet to come, it completely blows my mind. When we were in the hospital, all I wanted to do was take my baby home. And now, those very difficult times just seem like a blur...1Samuel 1: 27-28: "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now, I give him to the Lord. For his whole life will be given to the LORD." Isn't God AMAZING!! Sweet Violet, what are you up to at 12 months old?

-You still sleep around 12 hours a night with 2 naps a day
-You now have 5 teeth: 3 on top and 2 on bottom
-You love to eat! You still eat baby food, but you are loving table food too, and you definitely prefer to eat what everyone else is eating. Some of you new faves are pear slices and steak.
-You are standing up by yourself. You haven't walked yet, but now when you hold onto things, you are not afraid to "walk" while holding on.
-You love your books, blankie and bottle
-You love to play, play, play. You have a good attention span, and will stay focused for a while with your toys.
-You are loving your new tea set and purse from your Aunties
-You love to take things out of bags, unpack suitcases and empty laundry baskets...
-You have SO much personality. You love to dance, and are such a happy girl.
-Vivi we love you MORE than words! You have made this last year so wonderful and we can't wait to see the life that God has in store for you!


Can you believe how much our girl has changed?













Enjoying her birthday breakfast waffles!




No comments:

Post a Comment